Please note that this post was first published in November 12, 2014, and some of the details, links and offers may no longer be active.
I’ve got a real treat for you today. I know so many people who love to eat pizzas but then struggle with pizza guilt and a sluggish feeling body for days. Sluggish body and a guilty mind be gone!
Yes that’s right, check out the video below and I’ll show you how to make pizzas that not only taste amazing but are also ridiculously good for you.
- They’re SO MUCH more alkalising than regular pizzas
- Tomatoes are high in Lycopene, which have cancer and heart disease fighting properties, and the Lycopene is increased in tomatoes when they are cooked
- Tahini tastes like mozzarella when it’s baked and it’s actually higher in calcium too
- Nutritional yeast is high in the illusive vitamin B12, which is a powerful mood stablizer
The full recipe’s written below, here’s the video
- 2 Pizzas Bases
- I portion of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of baby capers – strained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (aka savoury yeast flakes)
- 1 cup of fresh rocket
- Pre-prepare the Pizza bases, and the tomato sauce.
- Click here to see how you make the best pizza bases ever.
- The tomato sauce is really easy to make and I love making a big batch of it and storing the leftovers in the freezer and using it in curries, soups, pastas and Mexican dishes. All you need to do is cut some really ripe tomatoes in half, drizzle them with a little olive oil, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and bake them for half an hour at 180 degrees C. Blend the tomatoes and add some fresh basil if you like – and that’s it!
Now to the Pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Start by smearing a thin layer of tomato sauce over the pizza bases.
- Finley slice the mushrooms, and make thin strips of zucchini by using a vegetable peeler – then spread them around the pizza.
- Tear some fresh basil leaves over the vegetables.
- Make some tahini dressing by slowly adding water to tahini whilst continuously mixing until it forms a running cream-like consistency. Then add the apple cider vinegar, a little salt and pepper and the nutritional yeast.
- Drizzle the tahini evenly around the pizza and bake for around 15 minutes, or until the edges of the pizza are crispy and the vegies are cooked.
- To finish the pizzas, toss the fresh rocket with a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and a tablespoon of nutritional yeast, and place a big handful of the salad on top of each pizza.
Thanks for hanging out
Create an awesome day and I’ll see ya next time!
For more awesomeness from Kingy “Wholly Human” Jump on his websiteHERE where you can subscribe and get all the good oil delivered straight to your inbox…he is also an active fella on the social media channels facebook page here or follow on instagram at @wholly_human